Friday, January 25, 2008

I may already know too much

For whatever reason, I get a fair number of messages mistakenly sent to my Gmail account. They're usually really boring: a registration notice from a community college in Southern California, some real estate crap from Ohio, etc.

I got an interesting one yesterday, though -- one that made me think I could get swept up into some kind of North By Northwest-style misunderstanding.

To: [redacted]@gmail.com
From: dispatch@[redacted].com
Subject: deepak
Date: January 24, 2008 12:41:51 AM EST

DEREK

I TRIED SEVERAL TIME TO CALL DEEPAK TO SEE WHAT TIME HE WAS GOING TO BE HERE WITH THE STERLING HTS LOAD FOR JIM BUT IT SEEMS AS IF WE HAVE THE WRONG CELL PHONE NUMBER FOR HIM AS I COULD NOT REACH HIM. HOPEFULLY HE IS HERE BEFORE JIM GETS HERE IN THE AM I KNOW THE ROADS WERE A LITTLE SLICK BUT HE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT BACK BEFORE I WENT HOME OR AT LEAST CALLED ME IF HE WAS GOING TO BED DOWN FOR THE NIGHT SO I KNEW WHAT TIME TO TELL JIM TO BE HERE
JIM COMING IN AT 5AM TO TAKE LOAD IN CASE IT IS HERE


This all seems to work out a little too neatly for Jim, if you ask me. He shows up at 5, the "Sterling HTS load" isn't there yet, and nobody suspects him of anything. If Deepak had a load to deliver, wouldn't he at least give a call if he was running late or had to "bed down" somewhere? Something is definitely fishy.

Anyway, if I suddenly disappear along with Deepak, I'd start the inquiry with Jim and Derek.


No comments: